How to build a YouTube dashboard:
There are three ways to build a YouTube analytics dashboard:
1. Dashboard gallery: you can use a pre-built YouTube dashboard from where you can instantly track video analytics data which are built to monitor social KPI’s for example views, likes, comments etc. there are two types of dashboard galleries such as:
• Social Media Command Centre: This gives you a view of your popularity and responses from fans on six platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram etc. link: https://www.klipfolio.com/gallery/dashboards/social-media-command-centre
• [Beta] Social Media: this will show you the responses and critics of your performance from five social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. Link: https://www.klipfolio.com/gallery/dashboards/social-media-overview
2. Klip gallery: the user can use pre-built YouTube metrics by selecting them from the Klip gallery
• Social media followers: where you can gain data about followers from Facebook and Youtube from a single Klip.
• Top 10 videos by views: this gives you an update of your top ten most popular videos and how successfully you are attracting audience on YouTube
• Channel views: you can track your total channel views from the last 30 days on YouTube
• Channel subscribers: this will contrast and compare subscribers on YouTube in the past 30 days.
• Social media followers: this will show the number of followers on each social media platform such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
3. Connector Gallery: with the help of the Connector Gallery you can create custom API queries to pull in data from your YouTube account. By building queries you can pull in metrics and other dimensions to create a YouTube channel. By using queries to build up custom visualizations in Kipfolio, you can also combine your Youtube data with other relevant data such as Google Analytics to compare and contrast your business targets. You can learn more about how to work with YouTube API and how to build your own queries in Kipfolio.
Why it is beneficial to connect YouTube and Google Analytics?
• You shall have the ability to analyze a channel the same way you analyze a website.
• It will provide more insight to your YouTube blog, rate your current performances and audience response to your work.
• Date given in your YouTube dashboard can provide insight of your performance and current popularity
• Connecting your YouTube and Google Analytics account can also track metrics like top videos and pages, number of returning visitors etc.
Follow these steps to connect your accounts